PSU: Single-Core 3.00ghz
MEM: 1gb
PSU: 650 watt
GPU: ATi Radeon HD2900
Sound: No sound card
HD: WD 250gb 16mb cache
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster191T (ANCIENT) ghosting monitor

Current TV Setup: 10 year old 52" Sony DLP
Console: Xbox360 (willing to get a ps3, for blueray + free online gaming + better looks <lol>)

My budget for a tv: $550 (the rest for ps3, only want cod 4#2)
My budget for a PC build + Monitor: $750

I can't afford both, and I would like to go with one route for media use as well. The LCD TV would mainly be used for gaming. I heard plasmas are for movies/tv, and LCDs are preffered for console gaming.

I don't watch much tv; just Comedy Central. I would like to start watching blue rays on a 1080p television. Question about a gaming LCD TV..1080i or 1080p, 60hz or 120hz? (60hz is used for actualy movie theatre screens) Any input?

Update: Is there a cheaper route for console gaming? Can I use a monitor with a 1900x1080 resolution, and use it for a ps3? I don't watch TV, but I do enjoy watching movies..and most importantly playing call of duty on a console game! (I came from playing counter-strike for 6 years on a PC, to being OK with console gaming <it's fair for everyone, same system, getting use to one type of controller>. So how is the quality difference on a 24" Acer product like.. Newegg.com - ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors ... how does it compare to an actual LCD TV <for gaming>? Which has the best picture, and response time?

I'm not sure what question you are asking but it's probably easier to use a tv as a monitor than it is to use a monitor for movies/tv/consoles. I would get a TV with a VGA, DVI or HDMI (depending on graphics card output) as well as all the other inputs you need for it and upgrade your PC when you have the money.

I want to know which is the best route for gaming: I don't care if I'm gaming on xbox360/PS3 or a computer.

I can build a cheap gaming rig, with a monitor! Or buy a LCD tV and attach it to my console (xbox360, but I need a blue-ray..so ps3 for the long-run)

Should I say forget the LCD TV, and save money... I can buy a Computer LCD Monitor that supports 1920x1080. Question: What will be the main difference for console gaming on a TV/Computer Monitor? Response times are important, because I want to do FPS-Gaming.

In addittion, Black Friday is close... Do you suggest me waiting until then, and try to find some deals the day after Thanksgiving?

I'm not sure what question you are asking but it's probably easier to use a tv as a monitor than it is to use a monitor for movies/tv/consoles. I would get a TV with a VGA, DVI or HDMI (depending on graphics card output) as well as all the other inputs you need for it and upgrade your PC when you have the money.

Depends on how you like to game. I personally prefer Steam and a large party of friends on CS:S or L4D. I own a pretty nice gaming PC, a PS3, and a 360, and I can safely say my PC runs much, much more than my consoles combined.

And I think you should wait until Black Friday if you can get out there early enough.

Movie theater screens don't run at a hz rating they run at a frames per second rating. Just a little under 24 to be exact, like 23.9643454363563456435 whatever something like that.

If your only playing for fun get a LCD tv, They have a lot larger delay. But, if your trying to play to win get a LCD monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom