Lame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yon

In Runtime
*Sigh* Was having problems with new comp, such as when it got to bios it would just shut down - so I checked that the hsf had enough thermal paste, and it didn't. So i stuck more on, and now the bleedin thing wont go back on :angry: It's the Intel LGA775 hsf and it's just realy anoying me now - any help? :rolleyes:

Check to see if everything is in right, cables, cpu, etc. Try scraping off the thermal paste and making sure none of it got into the socket.

It's gonna take a little force to lock the heatsink and fan in place. Just don't apply too much pressure. The board will flex a little. too much and your mobo becomes a paperweight.

All the cables were in (apart from the ones that have no socket shaped like them) I know how much force it takes to stick the hsf on because I stuck it on before I took it off and it took no where near the amount of presure to attach it - and it still wont go on

no, LGA775 wont be too crucial to clean as if the paste gets into it, use needle to pick up particles as if entered, as its not HOLES unlike previous socket.

and now cleaning part, use isopropyl alcohol.

considering the minimum of composure, the cpu has displayed poor percision. therefore, there may have been some permanent damage due to heat accusation. heat accusation is when a small area (mn) builds up heat to the point where it cannot distribute itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom