video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruthin

Beta member
hi there need some advice with my psu unit or it could be my motherboard or graphics card see! wot i mean i dont know wot it could be . sometimes i put my pc it starts ok other times says cannot start from h drive put in cd to start from disc.
other times starts ok and then monitor says no video input !.could it be the motherboard ? .or the psu unit as am using a 3850 agp card from novatach ! i am using a 400w psu that came with my pc as the 4 novatach psu didnt work please help as the pc doing my head in cheers

other times says cannot start from h drive put in cd to start from disc
Although I can see in theory that you could have "H" drive as a network drive or even many drives plugged in to get to H drive
I feel this error could only be you have a USB drive plugged into your computer, or you have a disc sitting in your CD/DVD Drive when starting
Therefore remove them

then monitor says no video input
The best way to start is by opening up the case (all power out first)
And using a high pressure air can, blow out all dust inside your computer
You may also need to reseat all Ram cards and that AGP Video Card

If any of this is too difficult for you to do, then you may need someone else with more computer hardware experience to help you onsite

the thing is i have cleaned it and i put the ram back in and checked the pc without the agp card and used just the pc intergrated graphics and still the video input messages come up and some times the pc starts with cannot find hard disc put cd recovery disc only to not recog it. could the psu headed out any help would be great thanks

I would think its the IDE data cable that plugs into your harddrive
That would be my first guess
Anyway, I must sign off for the day

If the psu is on its way out, hardware can fail to activate esp hard drives or optical drives. First thing to check like kimsland said, check the IDE cable because you wouldnt think it could wear out but it can & will like ive experienced in the past & its also inexpensive to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom