HDD to HDD copy, best software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hey all, simple question.

A friend has a failing hard disk and just ordered a new one. What's the best software to do a direct image of your HDD to a nother HDD? I'm clueless in this department, but I'm sure there has to be a simple program to use.

I'll read up on all of the above. Can anyone tell me which would be the easiest to use? Trying to keep things quick and painless =)

partittion magic

it has wizards

when you have finish

use partition magic or computer managment (administrative tools in control panel) to set the disc as active (by default it is set as hidden, so there won't be any confusion), turn off the computer and remove the old drive.

I don't like ghost 2003, because it will overwrite a whole physical drive with it's new image, even if it has 3 or 4 partitions on it, that you don't want to erase. I had that happen to me before.

I also don't like Maxblast 3, because you have to copy it in dos mode to copy every last files (reg windows won't let it copy some files), and then it still might not boot. you will get an error about the license key, and then you will have to go to system recovery from booting with your xp cd to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom