motherboard specs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

snookian

Beta member
HI, I am looking into new, high end mother boards, but don't know an awful lot about the specs of them, in terms of what makes one better than another in terms of facts and figures, and not just i prefer this over that responses. could some one please help me understand a little more about this, thanks ian.

Well what CPU are you after, Intel or AMD; that would help for a start. Or are you also asking which of those would be better for you?

Well Xeons are the server chips, so unless you're building a server you'd be best with i7.

Anyway, is this for gaming or is it a workstation or what? Since you're wanting high-end I presume the former?

its is going to be a multimedia computer, for gaming, gaming development, music, music develpoment, video editing etc

Different things for different people and needs. A good, logical board layout is always a plus for me and plenty of support for different expansion cards. For an overclocker stability even when pushed beyond specification and BIOS options are probably more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom