Need helping upgrading RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazer18

Baseband Member
Hey y'all.

I'm looking for help in upgrading my RAM. I only have the slightest knowledge of computers. Only thing I've ever done inside one is upgraded RAM on an older computer and upgraded the PSU.

Anyhow, I'm not positive what "type" of RAM I need for my Dell XPS 630i. I tried yesterday transfering over RAM from my old computer and after 15 minutes of pushing and wiggling and trying to line that center notch up I thought "what if they make different types of RAM and this is different.":D I've learned since that's the case.

I'm not sure what my old RAM was but I'm pretty sure my 630i's RAM is DDR2. There's currently 2 x 1GB sticks in there and I'm thinking another 2 will smooth Project Reality out for me. I'm pulling 75-99.9 framerate and 30 ping but getting 10-15 second lag stints. A guy on there told me it was my RAM.

So what kind of RAM will fit and run in this computer? Here's what my own research has led me to. Newegg.com - Crucial 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model CT2KIT12864AA800 - Desktop Memory Will that work? If y'all need any more information about my computer just ask and I'll do my best to find it.

Thanks.

Run the diagnostic at Crucial.com. Always works for me, hope it helps you.

Thanks.

I've run that test at Crucial before and seen the "recommended matchups" list. The link I posted is actually Crucial brand memory but from Newegg.com which has it at a cheaper price. I'm trying to figure out though if the memory I'm looking at at Newegg is the same memory that Crucial.com is listing for me.

I'm trying to figure out though if the memory I'm looking at at Newegg is the same memory that Crucial.com is listing for me.

I don't know what results you got from crucial.com, but if it displayed ddr2

that kit from the link you posted should be good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom