Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - 9800GTX+ Overheat issue - Help!

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 03:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Prisonbreak94
Super Techie

Send a message via MSN to Prisonbreak94
Default Re: 9800GTX+ Overheat issue - Help!

Thanks for the links. I successfully removed my GPU out of the case and used the electric blower on it and got some dust out. However the thermal paste thing really seems to be a little to specific and I don't want to mess about with that.

If you tell me that thermal paste can make a huge difference, then I might take the desktop to the shop and ask them to apply some for me. I got this desktop about 13 months ago, September 2008 to be specific. Do you think that in 1 year the thermal paste needs to be re-applied?

I may also consider putting in another fan into my case? The Cooler Master RC-690 460W seems to have space for many fans and I am using 3 right now. However my concern is regarding electricity use - I don't want to waste a lot of my parents money. How much difference would a new fan make, and how much more electricity would/could it use? OK im asking a lot of questions now so please forgive me if I've gotten on your nerves

EDIT: I took my GPU to the shop and they took it into service. Let's see what they can do. They acknowledged and agreed with me that 60C while on MSN is a bit too much. Bottom line, I am desktopless for an unknown period of time. Let's hope I'll get it back quickly!

I would still be happy if you answer my above questions though,

Thanks for your help so far.

"Be the change you want to see in the world..."
Hot System
Case - Cooler Master RC-690 460W | Mobo - Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 1866MHz | RAM - 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition | GPU - Sapphire HD5850 Toxic | PSU - High Power 650W | HDD - Seagate 500GB 32MB Sata2 7200RPM | OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Monitor - Philips 22'' 220XW8FB
If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the scale under my avatar

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.