Are Seagate HD's good, cause I need a HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and apparently he knows nothing about hard disks either. sounds like he pulled that straight out of his ass

Maxtor's are just too sketchy and too cheap for me to even think about.

Western Digital drives are commonly available, but they crap out a lot! I don't think I've owned a single WD drive that's lasted more than 18 months. I'm sitting next to one right now that's ticking away like a grandfather clock. I'll take bids on when it's gonna keel over...Starting at $10 for tomorrow.

Samsung just doesn't have the history to be considered.

Seagate drives always work. They last. They aren't much more expensive. They have an excellent warranty. Seagate drives also pack a lot of good saftey features, like their new "SeaShell" cases, non-op shock protection (which is great when yer doing work inside the box), and one of the lowest NR-error rates available.

My very first HDD was a Seagate. I've never owned or built a computer without at least one Seagate drive in it.
I'm sold. :)

I have a Seagate... WD... and a Maxtor.... Seagate I like the best since it's the most quiet..

Conclusion: Seagate = good.

if u say a WD or Maxtor dies on u, please specify witch 1 next time please(either the model # or just for exampel - 120gig 2mb buffer)

right know im only running a 40gig WD that came with this shitty HP(witch i did not buy) and another 20gig Maxtor(witch i also didnt buy). but iv left my pc on 24/7 for a few years now and i havnt yet experienced any problems. the comp sounds likea vacumm(exageration) but only cause of the fan's witch i have never regreased.

True, the little 8gig, 20gig, and 40gig drives last longer, but they also don't work as hard as the big 120gig+ drives. Still, survivability among WD and Maxtor drives is sketchy at best. I've come across hundreds of hard drives in my line of work, of all makes, and Seagate's always pull through best.

The one I mentioned earlier, though I don't know the model number without pop'n it out, is a WD 120gig 7200 8mb buf. The drive is less than a year old, has its own HDD cooler fan and is grounded (always :) ) and rubber-mounted (noise and shock protection). Basically, it's a pampered drive (as all my drives are). WD just aren't as well made as Seagates. I don't trust them, and if I hadn't of been in a total bind way back when, I never would have this WD now.

When it comes to -my- money, the dollar's on Seagate, friend.

I've personally only heard of 2 Seagate drives dying, compared to 50 or more Western Digital's
I have 2 Seagate HDD's, one 40GB which is 3 or 4 years old and still unning well, and one newer 160GB drive, which also works well
although without Seagate, my preference would be in Western digital

Apesmere said:
seagate has an independant source of data. much more effective than your average hard drive.

your information is accurate. however the independant source of data must be based on the original script of the IDE/S-ATA interface as well as constuctures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom