laptop help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdredger

Solid State Member
i have an ei systems 1211
intel celeron 560 2.13GHz

i got it from pc world 12months ago and am upgrading memory, i have removed the stock 512MB and replaced with 1GB, crucial/belarc etc say i can install 2x1GB

i went to pc world today and the said if i install the other 1GB it will reduce system performance due to the processor bein rubbish, they also couldnt explain how i remove the keyboard to get to the second ram socket.

so 2 questions

1) will further upgrading memory reduce system performance?
2) anyone got an ei system laptop that could give me hints?

if you need any more info off me to help you help me, then ask away.
thanks in advance

Those people over at PC World obviously don't know what they're talking about. Any computer these days can benefit from more RAM (not excessively). Heck, I got a Pentium III 800MHz system, that I've upgraded from 128 to it's 512 max. And it's buttery smooth.

It certainly won't reduce system performance. Whoever you talked to at PC World must not have a clue what they were talking about. Maybe they were just trying to sell you a new laptop.

EI, as I've come to discover, doesn't really have any docs available anywhere, so I don't really have any hope of helping you find a service manual to assist you with getting that keyboard removded. Like you said, hopefully some one else has one and can help but it seems to be a pretty obscure brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom