How Much RAM Does Your Graphics Card Really Need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4750 that you speak of will be mostly in 512 MB units, and I'm sure every card lower than that will be 512 MB. Maybe next generation, but for now 1 GB is not the standard.

So according to that test 1GB is pretty much all you need unless you are gaming at really high resolutions.

Or if you play games that heavily rely on textures at high res'. The Mx Simulator game I play really isn't hard on the gpu at all besides high poly models or high res textures. There are normally lots of objects on tracks, textures normally all around 256x256 or 512x512 (sometimes 1024x1024 but not normally), and you constantly move around and get closer to new objects. Last night I was playing with 5 people online and the core temp only went up like 2*C, but I still got lag in places because of the vram. I have 1440x900 native res so that shouldn't be a problem really.

So either high res or games that aren't that efficient on vram :(.

The 4750 that you speak of will be mostly in 512 MB units, and I'm sure every card lower than that will be 512 MB. Maybe next generation, but for now 1 GB is not the standard.

4750? 5770 is what I was talking about.......5770 and 5750 are both new midrange/budget cards out tomorrow and are 1gb gDDR5 standard

I meant 5750, and it's also coming in 512 mb flavors. Still doesn't mean its the standard until all new video cards are at least 1 Gb in all models (even less than the 5750). Don't try to get around this; it might be the standard for gamers nowadays, but its not the standard.

1GB is all anyone needs. Eventually, i will be going to 1920x1080, so i could benefit from an extra GB of VRAM. I think it also matters of how fast the VRAM operates that determines the performance at high resolutions too.

I meant 5750, and it's also coming in 512 mb flavors. Still doesn't mean its the standard until all new video cards are at least 1 Gb in all models (even less than the 5750). Don't try to get around this; it might be the standard for gamers nowadays, but its not the standard.

So the lowest new mid/low card comes in 512mb therefore 1gb is not standard?

You do realize 512mb was standard and they still released tons of 256mb models like the 8800GT 256mb

But if they released 256MB models, then 512MB was not the standard? Especially if they released tons of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom