Overclocking my 5200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
This is driving me nuts... I have been working on this overclock for hours and hours (in total, not all at once. :p) I can't seem to get above 227FSB and be stable. I understand that this is mainly do to my ram not liking anything over 450Mhz (900Mhz DDR). With an FSB or 227, it makes my RAM run at 437Mhz. Go above 227, and it becomes very unstable, won't boot, or freezes, and restarts. My FSB/RAM divider is 7 with my CPU multiplier at 13.5. I've tried setting my ram speeds lower (200, 266, 333) but it's still not stable. I've uped the Vcore. Does this mean I hit a wall? I had my FSB up to 260 with my 4050e, but I can barely get it to post at 235. (Shows VGA BIOS info, but won't go to BIOS)

Yea thats it.

Yeah, I've changed it to every speed available, to no avail. I don't understand it, 'cause my 4050e would overclock pretty decently with nothing but a simple higher FSB, and that was made with no overclocking in mind. This thing will barely get a 10% overclock. I'm thinking it mainly my ram. Could it be that I don't have enough power? I just picked up a BFG Tech GS-450, it supplies 36A split between 2 rails. My 9800GT isn't taking up too much power, as it's an EE (Energy Effecient) version, and I only have 1 external 120mm fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom