Strange screen while installing vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonamme

Beta member
here is my story. I've built my pc from scratch a year ago - P5W DH deluxe, core 2 duo 2.4 2g RAM, evga 8800. I recently purchased another pc (quad w/ 4g of RAM) for my office but since office closed down - I decided to take CPU and RAM from office pc to my home PC. I took out both CPU and RAM from both pcs then decided to to double check w/manual (just in time) and found out P5W wouldn't take quad without bios update so I put everything back as it was and I tried to run flash utility , but it would freeze on me all the time so I decided to just put new RAM in. Did that. Now I wanted to install vista to that machine. I boot from vista DVD (100% working installation dvd) and i get this : 2shared - download photo.jpg at the point when it should display menu.
It had XP installed from a year ago that worked ok until I did what I described above. Now approximately 1 out 5 time it loads windows , but after first click screen freezes. Mouse still moves and keyboard responds to num lock, but you can't click anything and have to reboot manually. 4 out of 5 times it runs everything normally including programs, games etc. I cleaned up video card connections, put original RAM back, but I still get the same issue.
Anyone has any idea what this screen and these freezes are all about?
Please help

just ran memtest - found nothing. i don't know how to check if fan is close enough to CPU (if that's what you meant). im running speedfan- it shows 40-42 c idle and 50 on loaded , fan also stands there pretty firm. let me know if there is any other way to check that. thanks for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom