Wireless card questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgnovack

Beta member
Hi. I'm a total idiot with computers so I hope this post makes sense.

I have a wireless card which I guess is shot. I took it out of my computer and instead of spending money on a new one, I want to take one that I know works out of another computer and put it in my primary computer. The problem is I obviously need a driver or installer or something and I have no idea a) how to find out what the wireless card is to find a driver for it and b) how to find the aforementioned driver.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

- D.G. Novack

I would suggest going to the manufacturers website. Some windows drivers aren't the greatest. This will guarantee that the device will be fully functional.

One thing would be is if the wireless card is in your computer, go to device manager & see if its detected there, most likely have a yellow icon next to it to show its unknown or not installed.

Another way is find a demo version of a well known driver scanner, Uniblue driver scanner is a good one & it should detect the missing drivers for the hardware & it will show you the name of the driver & you can just google it from then on as demo wont let you download/install drivers, just lets you show what your missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom