going sli w/ gtx 260

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibexpiotr

In Runtime
im thinking about switching my mobo for a better one thats capable of sli at full x16, and of course getting another 260gtx.

any good motherboards you guys would recommend?. and is the upgrade worth the trouble, meaning will the performance increase significantly?

well youd have to get a new mobo anyway because, if i searched correctly, your current one only has one pcie x16 slot. you also need to check if your psu is powerful enough to support two cards.

also, if u buy a new board, it doesn't have to support sli at full x16. its been tested that for most cards, the diff between 16x/16x and 8x/8x is like maybe 5fps max.

as for a recommendation, you should post a budget.

personally i would not go SLI with another 260 unless your board all ready supports it and you can find another 260 for cheap, also with the HD 5700 and 5800 series just launched and nvidias DX 11 cards right around the corner i do not recommend spending any more than about $150 on a new card.

The cost of replacing your board and adding a 2nd card isnt worth it when you can get a 5870 for less than the new board+gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom