new computer build- Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdownie2416

Solid State Member
hello everyone thank you for taking a look at the thread. i am a computer noob and i admit it so i have cookie cutter pieced some builds that i have seen on the forums. can you please tell me if anything i will be purchasing doesn't look like it should be there or something that i would be better off using, or if i just flat forgot an important piece to have. i plan on using the computer for gaming . games like aion, star wars the old republic, crysis, etc. thanks in advance.

case - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower

vid card - EVGA 017-P3-1295-AR CO-OP Edition GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 (448 x 2)-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported

ram - CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M4A1600C9

mobo - EVGA E758-TR 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

cpu - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 140W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ965FBGIBOX - comes with a canon printer :)

cpu cooler - XIGMATEK Intel Core i7 compatible Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler

psu - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

*edit*
this is 1573.93 before ship and tax on new egg.

Welcome to Tech-Forums, rdownie!!

First of all, what is your budget? And do you need a list for the whole system (including monitor, speakers, mouse, keyboard, etc.)? Or just the tower itself?

And that processor would not work with the motherboard, because the motherboard that you picked is for Intel processors, while you chose an AMD processor.

Since you mentioned that you'll be using this computer for gaming, you can go the AMD route and save a couple hundred.

thank you for the reply. ill have to find an AMD motherboard. $2000 is my max i would like to go for the tower and staying around 1500 would be best. i have a monitor already and will be getting the new razer naga for a mouse and razer keyboard. is there an AMD motherboard you would suggest? ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard maybe. choosing this one because i have heard asus is pretty reliable.

this all looks great. thank you much for the time, tips, and money saving :) it is greatly appreciated. do i need to get any cables or does the pieces come with everthing i would need? i also seen someone talking about windows 7 going to be SLI. yes im noob so is your configuration compatable with that ?

yep, all the main cables will come with the parts.

sli is for nvidia cards, youd be using an ati card so you can use multiple cards in crossfirex. but yes, even though a single 5870 is already a beast, should you want to add a second one, your system will be ready.

Nice specs. But make sure that the parts are compatible with each other. By the way, Intel i7 is the bomb. It's like having a Bugatti Veyron in your CPU.

hello everyone. i ordered all of the pieces shown in links by b1gpal early last week. they all came in the mail and everything looks great. i put them all together based off of the manuals but am having some problems. when i turn the computer on, everything is running. the mobo lights up, graphics card fan is spinning, hard drive feels like it is spinning inside of its case, but there is no bios beeps or bios screen on my monitor. it is an lg computer monitor and it attached to the vid card through an hdmi cable. so everthing is attached and on, but there is no bios beeps or screen. if anyone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it.

ps. the dark knight cpu fan does not fit this mobo. so anyone reading this should not buy this combo . cheers

Do you have another monitor you can use to see if the LG is at fault? Or try using the monitor's DVI or VGA.

I'm sorry the DK didn't work out for you.

no problem on the dark knight. i have tried to connect the screen with the dvi to a different monitor that i had in the house along with connecting it to the new lg. nothing is coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom