How Much RAM Does Your Graphics Card Really Need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who doesn't use AA and AF though? I can't stand playing without AA, and 16xAF is always a given!

Also 1 thing that those benchmarks don't show is VRAM swapping. When playing CoD4 at 2048x1152 with 2xAA on my 4850 512mb I would get occasional stutters when the buffer was used up, very few and tolerable, but annoying to me.

Interesting article though, and I do believe 2gb is pointless when gaming below 2560x1600

I dont n cant use AA because my card cannot handle it well. Left 4 Dead is different because it's using MSAA. The Source engine is the most friendliest graphics engine to my graphics card. That is the only game i can do AF n AA n still get 60 fps :).

ah yes the 38xx series didn't do so well with AA...time for you to upgrade to a 58xx :)

The 4890 is loaaads faster than when I had 3870 CF so going to a 5850 or 5870 will be a massive jump. Or you could do 5770 CF :D

ah yes the 38xx series didn't do so well with AA...time for you to upgrade to a 58xx :)

The 4890 is loaaads faster than when I had 3870 CF so going to a 5850 or 5870 will be a massive jump. Or you could do 5770 CF :D

i plan on upgrading next summer when prices drop. Cant buy expensive stuff like right now.

EDIT:

HD 5870 x2 or an HD 5890 if there is going to be one.

Was a pretty good read. I have a gpu with 512MB vram, I only know for sure one game that it is limited by (Mx Simulator, you can change the ground texture resolution, which also is a bigger factor depending on how large of a base texture the track uses, some tracks go as high as 4096x4096 for the "base").

Other than that I don't know if the vram is holding me back for other games. If only it was as simple as adding a stick of ddrx to your gpu...

So you are using two cards that don't exist on the market yet to say that 1GB is standard... Also, you are using a 57xx card to try to prove a point that if this has 1GB of ram and is low end (that's wrong statement anyway) that 1 GB means its a standard?

My question to you is, do you live on earth sir?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom