Is it Worth it or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcirtap813

Baseband Member
Well i just went to best buy and i saw that they had a nice deal IMO on a desktop comp.
Specs-
8 GB memory
750GB hardrive, 7200RPM
NVIDIA GeForce GT220 (1 GB memory)
and so on.
(it also comes with a "Arctosa Keyboard anda ****y mouse which im gonan get a deathadder anyways so no need to worry xD")

LINK IS : Asus - Essentio Desktop with Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor - CG5270-BP003

The Price is $700

I was wodnering if i should get this because id o have that money now, or w8 till my birthday (nov 26) and have like $900, i could spend that on other thigns liek a new mic(mine broke) and so on and mousepad/mouse.. or just save all the moeny till meh B-Day and buy a comp for 900 then(if then im probably gonna build)... ?

Thnxs for the Help ALL!

I honestly do not think it is worth it at all.

For $700 you can easily decimate that rig, if you really really can I'd really really consider going the building route.

Yeah just like Vernong said. Seems pretty good, but u can go with much better with $700 on the building road.

I honestly do not think it is worth it at all.

For $700 you can easily decimate that rig, if you really really can I'd really really consider going the building route.

KK THNXS MAN!, well im gonna wait till my birthday cause ill have liek $900 plus i heard that the new GEN of video cards come out? hopin prices drop and all so ill post a new thread in nov for wat build i should get and my budget. i prefer getting a computer that i really like and buying my headset/keyboard later then having all nice things and a comp that doesnt fit my needs.. and agai, thanks alot

If you already have a monitor, KB, mouse, and speakers you would be set with $900. Give a holler closer to your b-day and we'll see what we can set you up with.

tih a $900 and if you didn't have to do os, keyboard, mouse, speaker, sound card, monitor and any other accessories you could probably squeeze a core i5 build in there. Depending on the gpu solution that is.

Well, i can get the OS for free liek i always do lol... and i have a fine monitor and dont want to change, i can use my mouse and keyboard atm ill get new 1s for christmas.. i have speakers.. so basically all i need is the actuall computer.. meh dad first wanted me to build my comp nd now he doesnt cuz he has always built his Comp and he now told me that it usually has problems or sumthing or mayb sumparts liek they go together but liek start to have issues l8r on.. and like stuff lek that... but i still want to build my comp cuz i no its cheaper for the performance ill be gettin, and i get some things i want, such as certain Graphics card cuz im planning on playing warhammer and i wanted to get a supporting graphics card(and as we all know, warhammer lagggggs like **** unless u got a good *** comp, also planning on playing like unreal tournament 3 and stuff like that and my whole life ive played things with lag cause my PC sucks, so i really want to have like no lag and everything be perfect xD)... things liek that so yeah ill w8 XD thanks for all ur guys help!

T that was a lot of like's (10 to be exact lol). Yeah definitely build if you can...if you dont need those things you said then you can get a better graphics card in trotters build. I'll see i if i can throw together an intel build, so the limit is #$700 right?

EDIT:
Newegg.com - MSI P55-GD65 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

same case and gpu as trotters build
$709.90 Before MIR
-$30 after MIR

If you want a better gpu in there you could down scale on the mobo a bit and maybe fit in a 4870 or 4890. Although that build is with out an after market h/s, so if your going to be ocing you would be better off with one rather then the stock heatsink. If you waited for your n-day and moved the budget up to 900 you could get an aftermarket heatsink if needed, and a better gpu. Or you could swap the I5 out for an 1156 I7.

T that was a lot of like's (10 to be exact lol). Yeah definitely build if you can...if you dont need those things you said then you can get a better graphics card in trotters build. I'll see i if i can throw together an intel build, so the limit is #$700 right?

EDIT:
Newegg.com - MSI P55-GD65 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

same case and gpu as trotters build
$709.90 Before MIR
-$30 after MIR

If you want a better gpu in there you could down scale on the mobo a bit and maybe fit in a 4870 or 4890. Although that build is with out an after market h/s, so if your going to be ocing you would be better off with one rather then the stock heatsink. If you waited for your n-day and moved the budget up to 900 you could get an aftermarket heatsink if needed, and a better gpu. Or you could swap the I5 out for an 1156 I7.

yeah im gonan buld after all, cant w8 1 more month xD, then ill post again with my exact moeny and cuz sicne its end of november, i heard the new generation of GFX cards comin out? so hopin prices wuld drop also xD, all i can do now is w8 and c. thnxs tho im prolly gonna go with i5, if i get like $900+ ill defenitely go with i7 probably and/or with the HD4890.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom