new hardware wizard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinaibur

Baseband Member
hey guys. i bet this sounds really stupid. i have recently upgraded my gaming rig with a new video card and sound card. i decided to do a fresh install of windows to go along with it. i reinstalled XP and began installing all my drivers. installed the following:

video card
printer
mouse
sound card
onboard LAN

My sound card works just fine now. It's the Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Championship Series. However, everytime I restart my computer, the New Hardware Wizard pops up and says it found a "Audio Device on a High Definition Audio Bus". Is there something I missed. Why can't I get this to go away.

You must have an ATi card (Not sure if the same for Nvidia cards). That pop up wizard is for the audio device within the graphic card, since it supports HDMI (via DVI to HDMI adapter), where the sound will come from if you do use HDMI.

When that pop up wizard shows again, just press next and follow the instructions to get the driver installed. Or you can go to Windows Update and get it from there, within the "Hardware Optional" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom