Partitioning and mouse trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yozhik

Solid State Member
Just finished building my first computer, and it seems to work! When installing windows I partitioned my hard drive 100/900 Gig, I formatted the 100 but how do I access the rest? Also my mouse keeps freezing. It worked perfectly on my old system. My new graphics card seems to be recognised and working but I never disabled the on board graphic chips, how do I do this? There is no option in the bios.

Go to start, run, type diskmgmt.msc and press enter. Select the partiton, right click and format, assign it a drive letter or use the one that it gives you. I'm on Win7 so there might be an extra step in there, not 100% for sure.

partition.jpg

With your mouse, it may be drivers that need updating. Check you mobo manufacturer's site for the latest chipset/USB drivers.

Thanks for that. Any ideas about why my mouse could be freezing or turning off my graphic chips?

oops missed that =) ok, so on the asus website there are lots of updates. Should I download one by one or will the latest update solve all the issues?

Thanks. How do I know if my integrated graphics chips aren't interfering with my graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom