How crappy is the Celeron e1500 dual core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a box of assorted celeron cpu's i only use to test hardware with. In my opinion there budget cpu's & even the athlon x2 64 are starting to be so cheap these days that there more or less budget cpu's but still out perform celerons.

You know the Athlon 64 x2 came out in 2005 right? K8's are not only old, but they are slow and way over priced. Also not all celery's are created equal. The e3200 is based on a core 2. It is easily faster than any K8 chip. if you were referring to a netburst celeron then you would have a point. but these new celerons are essentially core 2s with some disabled cache.

Also, Hikari what do you think you need for HD playback? The celeron is more than enough because any rational person would use a dedicated video card for HD decoding, and even an HD2600pro can do 1080p just fine.

You know the Athlon 64 x2 came out in 2005 right? K8's are not only old, but they are slow and way over priced. Also not all celery's are created equal. The e3200 is based on a core 2. It is easily faster than any K8 chip. if you were referring to a netburst celeron then you would have a point. but these new celerons are essentially core 2s with some disabled cache.

Also, Hikari what do you think you need for HD playback? The celeron is more than enough because any rational person would use a dedicated video card for HD decoding, and even an HD2600pro can do 1080p just fine.
I'd agree to that. A Cely with a halfway decent video card should be a great setup for hd decoding. There's no reason to discriminate against a Celeron just because of the name; you have to look at the technology behind it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom