Aion

Status
Not open for further replies.
New patch came out. 5.8mb

Patch Notes: 1.5.0.8

* Dredgion Instance Maps now show in correct languages
* Item comparison tooltip has been rearranged
* Gender Tags for title will now show up appropriately in FR and DE
* Fix to Auction House where some users were not credited correctly for crafted items

FR Language Update:

* Fixed Abyss Maps
* Fixed LC1 map
* Various terminology changes
* Corrected various punctuation and spelling errors in dialog and quests
* NPC Audio fixes
* UI fixes for FR language
* Bug fixes/grammatical edits for Item descriptions
* Various translation corrections in dialogs and quests
* Various cutscene text/audio issues have been fixed

DE Language Update:

* Fixed Abyss Maps
* Fixed Sanctum map
* Made various map name changes in Altgard and Morheim
* Various terminology changes
* Corrected various punctuation and spelling errors in dialog and quests
* NPC Audio fixes
* Various Skill books have been edited for grammar and consistency
* Various cutscene text/audio issues have been fixed
* UI fixes for DE language
* Bug fixes/grammatical edits for Item descriptions
* Various translation corrections in dialogs and quests

Aionâ„¢ Online :: Notices - Addressing Gold Spam

hile Executive Producer Lance Stites took time to address some of the most prominent issues raised in the Aion community last week, we want to specifically address another issue that is a top priority for the team here at NCsoft: in-game real money trading (RMT) advertisement, sometimes referred to as “gold spamming.” These activities are something we're actively combating right now. They are also something you can help us with, and something that we are committed to addressing continually in the future.

We currently have Game Masters monitoring all our servers. They track chat channels closely and have been banning thousands of spammers every day. This form of active monitoring is a part of a much larger network of tools and sensors that we're currently utilizing to help create a better game experience for the Aion community across the board.

If you're experiencing chat spam, there is a way for you to address this immediately on your own and help us create a better gameplay experience for everyone. You can use the Block User feature. All you need to do is to right-click on a user's name and choose to block that user. While this doesn't eliminate the problem, it is one small step you can actively make to improve your game experience. Using Block User also helps us identify spammers much more quickly.

We are considering a number of methods to address this chat spam that have been implemented in previous games, as well exploring new technologies and what they may have to offer to improve your game experience. One upcoming feature for Aion will be an improved chat filter to help reduce the overall chat spam. This filter, along with new tracking and monitoring methods, is the first of many steps that we'll be taking to help resolve the issue of gold spamming.

We appreciate all the feedback and ideas you have been giving us so far. We will continue to scour the communities out there for other ideas as we go. We absolutely recognize how important this is to you and a good game experience in Aion, and we reiterate that we are currently addressing it. Thank you for your patience and for all of your input.

It's nice that they are finally addressing this issue. However I do believe that Aion should have a Report User function too. Blocking a user means that I just don't want to talk with them, and I all ready have one player (some one I know IRL) on that list who is just another player and not a gold spammer.

I really don't like having to log in every time and spend about 5 minutes blocking a cluster of gold spammers on a looping macro.

^Agreed, It's nice to see that the game staff is working so hard to fix issues. Clearly they want this game to succeed far into the future.

Me and my legion have conquered around 3-4 artifacts and a fortress, this game becomes incredibly fun once you get to this level of gameplay!

I have desided to can my account.

Firstly, I realy don't have time to play.
Secondly, PvPvE is not fun when you have a 600 - 700 ping. Sadly the ADSL2+ Connection ends at the start of my street.

I would SOO pay for Aion if I had a good enough computer :(.. Ive heard/ read so many good things about it. It looks really beautiful to.

It's not really that demanding. As long as you have a couple gigs of ram and a dedicated graphics card, you should be alright.

I would SOO pay for Aion if I had a good enough computer :(.. Ive heard/ read so many good things about it. It looks really beautiful to.

You will want to make sure you have a good video card for it.
The graphics where really nice in most parts like the city. However in the open areas, it felt like they left a lot of things out.

As for the game play. What annoyied me about the game the number of times you are questing in the same area.
I was playing WoW a few years back, and at least the quest givers will have a habbit of sanding you to the slightly different area on the map. Sure you might have to cross through the same territory again and again, but at least you are discovering a new location for the part of the quest when you are doing the chain of quests in from the same quest giver.
Aion on the other hand, you are going to the same location, only that you are killing a different creature or collecting a different item.

As for the professions, I found them to be extremely grindy to get anywhere.

Also, you are some one that does not like PvP, the Aion will not be for you. The end game of Aion is all about the PvPvE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom