new build-- compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, for SLI and the LGA 775 socket you'll have to use an Nvidia Chipset.

I'm a Nvidia supporter, but with your setup listed you'd be better off with a ATI 4890. You could add a second card later as that Gigabyte board does support Crossfire. But it's your hard earned money to spend :D

Yes, for SLI and the LGA 775 socket you'll have to use an Nvidia Chipset.

I'm a Nvidia supporter, but with your setup listed you'd be better off with a ATI 4890. You could add a second card later as that Gigabyte board does support Crossfire. But it's your hard earned money to spend :D

haha i cant break away from nvidia we've just been together too long. Well i finalized my list of components in the original post. Could somebody assure me that it all looks 100% compatible? Im getting an itchy trigger finger for that buy button :D

Well back to your power supply. I ran your parts thru the NewEgg Power Supply Calculator Newegg - Power Supply Calculator and it said 599 watts and that's not counting fans or anything you may want to add in the future. And a 600 watt power Supply will be running at 100% all the time. You should try to stay around the 80% mark.
599watt.jpg

I ran it through thermaltakes power supply calculator and that said recommended is 486 w. The thing is I already bought the PSU a few weeks ago. Hopefully thermaltake is correct

Edit: i just used Neweggs power supply calculator on my current computer. Ive been using this build for 3 years , never had a problem , and newegg requests i have 74 more watts than i actually have.

I ran it through thermaltakes power supply calculator and that said recommended is 486 w. The thing is I already bought the PSU a few weeks ago. Hopefully thermaltake is correct

Edit: i just used Neweggs power supply calculator on my current computer. Ive been using this build for 3 years , never had a problem , and newegg requests i have 74 more watts than i actually have.

600W does seem a little generous for that system.

ohh, i think you read trotters post by mistake and not mine. Mine says Sli geforce 9800 gtx+

Heres a pic
6egks7.jpg

Do you see any other incompatibilities?

Thanks again for your help guys!

Those must be newer cards because I have 2 EVGA 9800GTX+ cards and mine take 2 connectors each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom