cOmputer has too many processes...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabcnerd69

Solid State Member
when my computer is idle, it has 25 processes, it is a sony vio, a newer model, so it should be fats, but it is running pretty slow and the video capability is VERY slow...please help!!!!!

25 processes is not a lot. mine runs smoothly with a normal excess of 35+ processes, so its not necessarily your number of processes running. could be adware/spyware, low ram, shared ram with vid processor, an AV that runs a heavy load on the sys.

in task manager, what are the name of the processes that are taking up the most ram?

The registry is your friend. Since I have no adware/spyware this is what is running.

NewBitmapImage.png

25 processes is 15 too many.
Delete the registry keys that are starting the processes, under HKLM\RUN
HKCU\RUN

ok, there are a lot of proccess, but they aren't taking any of the cp usage, is this ok??? also i have ad aware, spy sweeper, hijack this, stopzilla, registry mechanic, this might be a dumb question, but are there any programs to download to speed up my video, i try and waqtch a movie, but it runs really choppy unless i leave it normal size. what can i do??? thanks for the advice!!!

it is a vio, pentium 4 2.8 , 440 mb of ram,windows xp

me too, that screenshot of 11 processes above is like insane......my computer would crash if I eliminated it down to that few.

You can find information on the processes by clicking 'Startup Applications List' in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom