5870 vs GTX 295

Status
Not open for further replies.
As everyone else has said, the GTX295 just isn't worth the money. In my opinion it was never worth the money. If you have to buy a card now the ATI 5870 is the best choice, but I would wait and see what the new Nvidia cards are all about. They'll either be spectacular or mildly disappointing.

This post made me rethink about getting the ATI 295! ATI will take my vote, but I'm worried about the drivers. I understand it's a new card, but are they more stable than the 295 cards?

yeah i would go with the 5870 since it is a single GPU and can match if not beat the 295 (which is basically 2 260s i think)

Yeah, read the articles on Tom's hardware about the 5870 and you'll see it is pretty much 3-5% less fps in Crysis and it is a lot cheaper. The ATI $/fps is starting to become so good nVidia could be in big doo doo. LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEEEEEE competition! Make my cards cheaper please = )

in 95% of the games When you Play In a MAX Resolution and MAX AA&AF The ATI in Genral Beat The
nvidia
As you see here
oho6qa.jpg

So if you have a big Plazma screen ((Like ME :D )) The ATI well be your chosen
And don't Fregat that The ATI Avivo Kick's *** THE NVIDIA Pure HD
& The same in 3D program like MAYA & 3D MAX

((sorry for may bad ENGLISH))

Yeah, read the articles on Tom's hardware about the 5870 and you'll see it is pretty much 3-5% less fps in Crysis and it is a lot cheaper. The ATI $/fps is starting to become so good nVidia could be in big doo doo. LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEEEEEE competition! Make my cards cheaper please = )

or Nvidia could just quit and go with their tesla quadro stuff lol. That would be bad.

i bought a pair of 295's at the start of the year, put them in an Antec skeleton case...the heat from these is scary! i even contacted XFX about the heat and they said it was normal...even though it burns your hand! I wasn't impressed with a single 295 (920 @ 4ghz, 6gig corsair dominator, Asus striker rampage) but put it with another and it was nearly 3 times higher in 3dmark vantage. this system has been sitting at my mother's house gathering dust for 5 months unused...i just play Left 4 dead on my HP laptop! I've been an nvidia fan since 6800, but looking at the figures above...you can't argue about how good the ATI card is. i'd go with that or hang fire to see what the 300 series nvidia's gonna achieve

GT300 not for gaming? I don't know about that. Pretty sure they would use Tesla/Quadro instead.

people have been telling me that the GT300 would be more useful in things like fold at home rather then playing a game like crysis....i dunno, im just going to wait till the gt300 comes out, my 2 4850s in crossfire work for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom