Gaming PC Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escape

Beta member
Hey, I am very unsure about anything to do with computer parts. I am looking to buy parts to build a new computer however I have no knowledge of what parts are reliable, and good. I also don't know where to look for deals. If someone could help me out that would be great.

Some things that I require are..

Core i7
GTX295
8GB RAM.
Windows 7

If someone can find me parts based around a budget of $2500.00 That would be awesome. I do not require a Monitor, speakers, mouse, keyboard etc..

Also if it helps.. I'm Canadian.

The GTX295 is a poor choice at the moment, new cards are coming out very soon. Why spend $500 on a card when in the very near future that $500 will buy a faster, better card.

8GB of memory? The i7 works best with 3GB (3x1GB), 6GB (3x2GB) or 12GB (6x2GB). With the 6GB (3x2GB) being the optimal choice. The only way you can run 8GB is by disabling triple-channel memory support (a very bad idea).

The GTX295 is a poor choice at the moment, new cards are coming out very soon. Why spend $500 on a card when in the very near future that $500 will buy a faster, better card.

8GB of memory? The i7 works best with 3GB (3x1GB), 6GB (3x2GB) or 12GB (6x2GB). With the 6GB (3x2GB) being the optimal choice. The only way you can run 8GB is by disabling triple-channel memory support (a very bad idea).

see I don't know this stuff, haha! thanks for the input. I guess ill be going with the 6GB. Also how long for the new cards to come out?

ATI already has there new cards out, the 5870 looks promising.

Nvidia's cards will probably be out in November, but I'm just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom