sd not recognized by windows explorer - NOT VISTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gennymac

Beta member
My dell latitude 430 simply will not recognize the SD drive. Have been on the phone with dell for 3 hours, they installed all their drivers. Went to Windows updates, installed three updates there, have uninstalled device, reinstalled it..........still shows up in device manager with an exclamation mark, and will not show in windows explorer when an SD card is inserted. It will, however, alert when the card is inserted. Just won't show up.

I am not running Vista - using Windows 2007. Have searched five forums and cannot find anything new to try.

Have tested 5 cards in 3 other machines and a camera - they work fine elswhere just not this notebook.

HELP have over 500 vacation pics from Scotland I need to download and post.

thanks so much.

Okay first, if it is showing the exclamation mark, that means you have the wrong drivers. You need the proper ones to get it to work.

Second what is Windows 2007? There is Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2. There is no such thing as Windows 2007.

My mistake - the operating system is Windows XP.

Do you have any idea where I can find the correct drivers, what naming convention might be used to identify the correct one? I've gone through Dell, and Microsoft, but have had no luck with either. I think I'm just missing the correct driver and don't know i t.

Newbies - takes us awhile to figure things out.

Thanks much for the help ! Any additional info would really be appreciated.

Well the best advice I can offer at this time would be to get something like Belarc Advisor, SiSandra Software or even Everest. This will allow you to get the exact make and model of the card reader. Give us that information and we can work on trying to find you the proper drivers.

I am guessing that it is a Flash Card Reader device right?

Ok, ran Belarc and this is what comes up in their report. I am a little confused, as this notebook comes with an SD drive for the small media cards, and a separate Smart Card insert for the larger cards for other communication uses. Am I correct that the SD drive doesn't really say which model etc is installed and the Smart Card entry is the Toshiba? Sorry, learning fast, but not there yet.

SD Memory Card [Hard drive] -- drive 1
TOSHIBA MK8009GAH [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n X77EW7APW, rev BS011G,

Thanks so very much for the help.

I installed the driver that Hefe sent - ran the cleaner and still have the same result. When I right click on the the device in admin tools I see this in the description. 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)'

I am at a loss as to what to do now.

Any further suggestions?

Well the only other thing i can think of would be that the device isnt functioning properly. Which would require Dell to check on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom