Buying A New PC For Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

userfrom

Solid State Member
Hey guys i'm looking to buy a pc good enough to run new games out but I can only spend around $500 (CAD). The 2 I'm considering are:

AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 Quad-Core 9650 (2.3GHz)
4G Ram
ASUS M2N68-AM SE2
320GB HD
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3

Or

INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.8GHz (Overclocked to 3.6GHz)
GEFORCE 9600GT 1GB
4GB RAM
GIGABYTE P43 MB
500GB 7200RPM
NVIDIA PCI-E 2.0

Which of these do you think is better and why?
If you have a site or store with good pcs around the $500 range post em.
looking forward to some opinions :D

Not bad choices really, but have u thought about maybe building it on your own. You can actually waste less money and get more performance I would fix up a rig for you but your currency is CAD not sure how to work with that sorry.

What type of games are u playing ? Because the specs on the two computers are great but depending on what games your playing that card may not keep up.

I'm looking at playing games like Crysis, Farcry 2, Section 8, etc. basically games that are new and look good

I'm not sure, but I think 500 cad will probably be possible. Though keep in mind crysis demands alot if u want it to run on extremely high settings.

yeah im not too worried about everything running on max, im just not sure on which pc i should get or where i should get it from. As long as i can play without lag and with decent frame rates it's great

Strictly gaming, i suppose the second one is better. Are you buying it pre-overclocked to 3.6? or are you assuming that its gonna OC that far?

But for overall computer use, i believe the quad core is better. Is it $500 for those parts only? or do you also need a case and powersupply?

If you're able to assemble the computer on your own, you can use newegg.ca or ncix.com for computer parts (you need to sign up with ncix to get their 'other' prices). You can even look through craigslist and maybe find some good used parts locally (thats if you live in a big city). If you do use craigslist, ONLY deal locally!

Strictly gaming, i suppose the second one is better. Are you buying it pre-overclocked to 3.6? or are you assuming that its gonna OC that far?

But for overall computer use, i believe the quad core is better. Is it $500 for those parts only? or do you also need a case and powersupply?

If you're able to assemble the computer on your own, you can use newegg.ca or ncix.com for computer parts (you need to sign up with ncix to get their 'other' prices). You can even look through craigslist and maybe find some good used parts locally (thats if you live in a big city). If you do use craigslist, ONLY deal locally!

It is pre-overclocked, and thats the whole computer (a little over $500)

Hmm, most games that are out in the market right now don't support quad core processors yet. So go for the dual core with a monster video card and RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom