Project Sestren Worklog - World's First Back/Outside Mounted Tri Loop Cube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right, are you friends Alex or Quoc? I have bugged them both many times :cool:. ? It's paired association, I added water hehehe, I shall hopefully fix it someday, heh! Although loops hole, it is indeed Petra's Name and its their water tech!!! Hahaha, sorry trying to find some way to not have to edit all those posts hehe!

Say hi to them for me, and tell them you saw this log, and that its awesome, and you like it, ;)

Thanks!

I know them both very well, however it's Alex I'm good friends with.

They're both great guys and really care about their customers.

I know them both very well, however it's Alex I'm good friends with.

They're both great guys and really care about their customers.

Definitely, its the reason they were my first sponsors, and trust me they know me, hehehe, I bugged them for 40+ minutes in one conversation before, hehe. So not sure if they remember me in kind words ;), but definitely a great store! I fixed all the names, thanks for pointing it out!

Well truth be told, Trotter has to fix all the names, since I can't edit, hehehehe..... poor trotter, I make him work alot here X_X.

Oh this is a great worklog..... I just spent a long time going through every post... subbed

Thanks, I'll make it more organized so its easer to go through, but hopefully the quality will go up.

And be sure to check it out soon, the Cube is back! And its Ferrari Red, hehehe...

Title: Worklog Update
Date: October 07, 2009

Brief: Good Evening everyone, after much anticipation, Sestren has returned home. I would like to first off, thank Patrick from Fusion Powder Coating for an absolutely fantastic job on the 343B. The Powder Coat came out great, and exactly how I wanted. It is now red hot with passion!

I would like to again thank my sponsors, and you guys for the feedback on the reviews. Any and all feedback I listen to, and correct anything that you guys mention. As you can see how the updates are shaping up. Its thanks to the awesome feedback I receive and keep it coming!

On to business, Sestren has finally returned home, so it means it's time to boogie. Expect many updates, as I am assembling it, so many "Worklog" Updates to come! Overall I am very satisfied with the outcome of the powder coat, its great to see a vision start to take shape. It wasn't without incident however, as if you recall originally it was supposed to be a metallic red. However after speaking with Patrick, the owner and the one who powdered the cube personally. He advised me to withhold on the metallic, because due to the cooling properties and how thin the Lian Li Aluminum is, there was a chance that it may not come out even. So of course I took his professional advice, and I am glad I did, as it came out awesome none-less. Looking at it, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am a big fan of a certain red F1 racing team, so I am sure you can see a little bit of the influence there, heh! So theres definitely some "Passione" in there. So stay tuned for some tasteful carbon fiber touches here and there. The cube is currently wrapped as its not ready to be worked on for now, I shall be working on it this weekend, so thats October 9th, 10th, and an update should follow a little bit afterwards.

I am still securing some parts for Sestren, and depending on how some things go, it should be complete, around Q4 of this year, and or Q1 of next year. I am still waiting for some graphic card releases, as well as other parts that are coming. None-less I will still be working on whatever I can, so there will not be any droughts on updates, I expect to be pretty consistent, I have a schedule laid out. Overall I am pretty invigorated to work on it, as any who see a dream becoming reality would be. I hope to continuing to strive and bettering myself with each update. And I welcome you to join me in this pursuit. Thanks alot everyone, every time I see that little views counter go up, there's a smile in my face.

Here's some of the parts featured on the reviews and where you can buy them. Especially check out these awesome Grills from MNPCTech. The pictures speak for themselves.

Be sure to check out the first page for a complete part's list!

Here's Petra's Tech Shop:

And here's are the Stars from this update! The MNPCTech Accessories!

Here's MNPCTech:

Featured in this specific update are:

Until next time!

- PC1X1

SestrenBuildLogWorklogUpdate.png

IMG_0147.png

Description: Sestren has returned, in this picture you can see 80mm Black Gears grill, the modded removable motherboard tray, the vented PCI case slots powder coated black, the back plate of the 343B also powder coated black, the 343B chassis, and lastly MNPCTech's 360mm Steampunk Grill also in black.

IMG_0148.png

Description: Here is an aerial view of the previous picture. Notice how glossy the red powder coat came out. One can see their own reflection. It is also very natural and smooth throughout. Great job from Fusion Powder Coating indeed. I will remove the plastic wrap from the actual chassis as soon as I am ready to work on it, so no worries. It will have its own feature.

IMG_0149.png

Description: Here's an up close shot of the 80mm Black Gears Grill. Notice how well made the cuts are. I was throughly impressed with the quality. At first I was hesitant since its acrylic, but its fit and finish are the best I have seen. Expect a full part's review at a later date.

IMG_0150.png

Description: An upclose shot of the 360mm Steampunk Grill, notice how it reflects and matches the powder coated back plate. The details are amazing, right down to the MNPCTech logo, everything is very well made. Expect this part's review along with the other grills.

IMG_0152.png

Description: Here's a front shot of everything, and you can see the mods I did to the motherboard plate. First it wasn't removable, but since it was a nightmare to actually tighten things inside the Chassis, I decided to make it removable, by removing the rivets, and tapping, so it self holds itself with bolts. Expect a more throughly detailed explanation later. Also notice the contemporary designs on the right side of the motherboard plate. I did that consciously, as I was expecting the gear grills to arrive, and wanted something to match their designs. The openings will be used to route PSU ATX cables throughout the chassis, and the smaller holes are for all the 3 Pin fan cables. Notice how well the C Molding blended with the design.

IMG_0153.png

Description: Here's a side shot of the action, where you can see the reflections of the powder coating again. Also notice on the top side of the motherboard tray. There is more C Molding. This is crucial and a part that is largely ignored, that cuts alot of builders. While the Lian Li case is already wonderfully build, and thus seldom hurts me, the C molding is a great looking finish, that not only is functional, it is pretty.

IMG_0156.png

Description: Here's an upclose shot, so one can see the details. Again C Molding does a great job as a functional finish. And if you look to the right most motherboard tray opening, you can see that the opening undulates almost like a figure eight. This was intentional, as quite honestly I thought it looked cool and contemporary. It was quite a bit of dremel work, and I couldn't have done it without MNPCTech's Dremel Discs. See my review for more info.

IMG_0157.png

Description: Here's a side shot of the action, notice how glossy that black is. It almost drags you in. Couple that to contrast the passionate red, and you can start seeing the aesthetics of the build. Once its fully assembled, there is extensive use of color balance, and areas to draw your eyes in. I can't wait to put in the motherboard and the other equipment. I am very satisfied with how this came out. So stay tuned for more!

Talk to you later!

Title: Quick Status Update
Date: October 14, 2009

Brief: I have not disappeared, there will be many more updates soon, however I must take a detour. I have been working on my temporary computer solution named Tower. Sestren controls the world through Towers in the Panzer Dragoon Universe. Anyhow I'll update around this weekend. Its been a learning experience because I have recently switched to Windows 7, so currently working on that. This is also a prep for Sestren itself, since it will run off the same OS.

I am also designing the Hex Monitor stand, wish me luck, and I'll be back soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom