[Project] Jedi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
I just called it Jedi because my brother's player name is jedichampion. This is going to be my first build. My little brother is going to pay for the parts. I just helped him pick the parts and I am going to put it together. I still haven't recieved all the parts left. I need the Megahalems and got to go to Directron to pick-up the rest of the parts. I am very busy with school. I already inserted the processor and memory into the motherboard. I read about a guy that bend all his pins and I am scared now that I install the CPU fast that I might of too. I'll post pictures of what I currently have. Give me tips on how to build this.

Build(The stuff that are already delivered):
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100269VXLE Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3R LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
2x Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease
Newegg.com - ASUS VH222H-P Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000 :1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors
Micro Center - Core i5 750 Processor Boxed
Newegg.com - Logitech G5 7 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB Wired Laser 2000 dpi Mouse - Mouse (Used)
Chilled PC UK - Watercooling made easy, The UKs Largest Selection of Watercooling
Prolimatech Intel Socket 1156 Adapter Kit IAK-01: CrazyPC Computers

Probably in 2 - 3 weeks, I will order my i7 build. I already got my i7 920 D0 from Microcenter for $200. Sorry for the blurry pictures from my iPhone.

Attachments

• IMG_0140[1].jpg
    IMG_0140[1].jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0139[1].jpg
    IMG_0139[1].jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0138[1].jpg
    IMG_0138[1].jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0137[1].jpg
    IMG_0137[1].jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0136[1].jpg
    IMG_0136[1].jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 130
Dude. It's best not to leave computer parts on carpet like that.

What's going to be othe other all specs for this computer?

You shouldn't put exposed electronic parts on the carpet (1st and last picture). Static electricity can kill them, you'll probably be alright, but you never know.

lol, yeah, that is like the best way to increase the risk of shock damage. There isn't really any tips on building a computer. Don't force things, (that includes the cpu, the pins won't bend as long as your not really jamming the thing in). Try to do some wire management as you go along as some cables can be hidden better while your still putting it together (like running them between the mobo, and mobo tray, etc.

I thought you had already built a comp or two by the amount of threads i have seen posted by you about builds.

What is it about new shiny computer parts that turns me into a grinning idiot? I think I could probably get high of the smell too :)

Wow. I didn't know that. I only knew about touching the case before touching the parts. I left the parts in the carpet and I won't be able to remove them until tomorrow after school. Maybe Friday or Saturday, I will get the case, dvd burner, and keyboard to finish installing. I won't be benching it because I got to start preparing for the PSAT next week.

I am also scared about the Megahalems + my 120mmx38mm fan won't fit.

Wow. I didn't know that. I only knew about touching the case before touching the parts

the reason for touching a non painted part of the case or psu is to discharge any static on you before you touch components, so any static on the rug could damage the components. It is unlikely, but possible. Although it does not matter how long they sit there, if they did not get shocked in the initial put down then they will not, unless disturbed that is. Every time you move them on the rug there is a chance. Anyway, don't worry about it to much, it isn't that big of a deal.

Anytime I work on customers computers, I wear a grounding bracelet/strap. Great thing to have, especially if you're concerned about any damages.

^if your paranoid a grounding bracelet is ok to have. But honestly it is not needed, as long as you periodically touch the side of the case or psu then your fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom