Hope to upgrade this wack Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

offsafety

Beta member
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say hi and that I apologize for my sheer ignorance surrounding upgrades for my pc. It's sad to say I was better versed on this years ago. So I have this laughable dell pc that I want to upgrade but I'm not even sure it's possible. It's case is smaller than the avg pc.

Please let me know if there's any way I can make this pc a bit faster, or better for gaming

Dell XPS
Intel Pentium 3 ghz
2gb ram
ATI Radeon x300/x550/x1050 Series (what does that even mean? the pc can't detect which it actually is?)

Let me know if I'm missing any info or if I should scrap the project altogether. I am on an extremely tight budget.

What's your actual budget? Cause if it's around $300-$400, it's better in my opinion to save a bit more and you can just build your own and maybe perform twice as better.

Which XPS? If it is the plain XPS it is pretty old. ;)

Max 2GB of DDR RAM, AGP slot, Intel 875P chipset, four PCI slots, 460W PSU. According to Intel, the best Pentium (old type) that it can handle is a 3.4GHz.

Your PSU will handle any AGP card NewEgg has. Your budget will be your biggest constraint. i agree with Icey, though... if you have enough, shoot for a new setup. you can recycle most of your current rig, sans CPU, mobo, RAM, and GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom