Geforce 9800 Clock Spikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogmaster

Solid State Member
Okay, so I've had this EVGA Geforce 9800 video card for a while now, and it's been awesome. It came with EVGA Precision software for setting and monitoring the clock speeds. Since I've had it, the clock speeds have been staying at perfect lines no matter what speed I set them too. Earlier today, I was playing with fan speeds and it was fine. However, I then brought my desktop on a 2.5 hour car ride, and setting it up here I was alarmed to see that my clock speeds are jumping all around.

Pic: http://i38.tinypic.com/1pv7di.png

I'm noticing no differences on my display, and Crysis, Counter Strike: Source, and Quake 1 ran fine. I wouldn't have realized unless I had happened to open the program to check my fan speed. It keeps randomly spiking no matter what clock speeds I set it to, minimum, overclock, default.

My friend says it's probably thrashing on the floor waiting to die. Do you guys have a more cheerful prognosis?

PS: I've checked my cables, rebooted, allsorts, no change.

yeah as said before that is just your card down clocking itself whenever it's not needed for graphically intense programs/games.

This 2d "mode" saves electricity, money, and is never a bad thing for the longevity of your card .

Downloaded latest drivers (Today, 10/05/09), but still seeing the drops at random intervals. Not gonna worry about it, my warranty's good for some many months more anyway. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom