The better speaker company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the computer speakers available for consumers none of them reproduce sound accurately. An example is Logitech's subwoofer designs. It produces deep bass which is mistaken for good sound when in reality the bass is boomy. It sounds just terrible like it is muffled.

I'm going to sterotype that the average person just goes out and buys whatever speakers they can afford without any comparision what so ever. They will think it's good because it's the best they have ever heard, so it must be good stuff.

My generalization about comp speakers is they suck because they are underpowered, are mostly (if not all) 2-way designs (no midrange, super tweeter), rely totally on a subwwofer to reproduce low frequency (satellite design saves space, but sound like crap).

also the materials used to make them are terrible. you do not make "hi-fi" speakers using a plastic housing. the woofers are so small and pathetic. most of the materials used are not rigid and the diameters are too small too move enough air.

Logitech although they are not high-end are still the best value for computers, but it's a joke when you see THX certified computer speakers.

hope that clears it up for ya merlin

So, could we say that there are low-end speakers and then mid range and maybe a highER end? I would just use the term high end, because compared to other comp speaker systems, they are high(er) quality, even though they wouldn't be considered an audiophiles definition of high-end. Did I make any sense?

Of course, I feel like taking my little audio plugs and connecting it to my theater setup, then I'd have a high end system, yamaha amp, MTX monitors and sub, Sony (low end for theater) center and surrounds.

Ok, another question popped into my head: I don't have a sound card, but instead, integrated sound. My Q is what benefits does a sound card give that integrated sound doesn't give. Would it be worth the money to get a separate card?

Integrated just means it's built into the motherboard and it probably uses some main memory rather that it's own. This is a way to save money more than convienence. Is it worth it? usually no unless you need surround sound or features you lack with the onboard sound. If your sound is adequete don't bother to fix it.

i recently bought the logitech Z-560's and thought they were great at first but the darned bass box had this annoying vibrating sound kinda like when theres something loose in a car's sound system in the trunk and it rattles and vibrates. crap, i spent $200 on them and am going to return them today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom