Get to Know the Photographers.

I never knew we had so many gearheads on here, awesome!

Lets see,

Experience:
Almost 5 years, 3 1/2 of which are supplemented with college education and working experience

Camera's used:
Pretty much all point and shoots released over the last year

SLR's
Every Canon DSLR except the D60 and 1D, usually am around the 5DII and 1Ds alot though.
Most Nikon film SLR's, used every DSLR.
Every Sony DSLR
Most older Pentax DSLR's
Panasonic G1 (i don't know if this qualifies)
Olympus E-3,500,520
Various other manual film SLR's

medium format
Mamiya C330, RZ67 (really sweet camera), 645AF (with film back)

Hasselblad H2D22 (yes, that $33,000 one. when I shoot medium format, this is usually what I shoot with. the ONLY thing that makes this a decent camera is the 4-shot mode; other then that, the $33k price tag is totally bogus..)

large format
I couldn't tell you, it's been a coupla years and the view camera's i've used have been hodge-podge mix-and-match contraptions. I just know that on a couple of them, calumet made the bellows units and the lenses have been a few schnieder's and nikkors. I used a Sinar P2 once though..

Cameras owned:
Samsung Digimax 420 (my first one, still own it, always will)
Nikon FE (first REAL camera, again like the first one, this one is special to me)
Nikon N80(bought it cheap, used it for 2 years as my film body, sold it)
Nikon F100 (got it with the grip and SB-26 for $75 near mint, currently use it for B&W and it gets a ton of use too, recently shooting more film than digital :0)

Nikon D70s (first DSLR)
Nikon D700 (current main body)

Lenses:

Owned at one point:
Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 (boring range), 18-35 f/3.5-4.5(softest lens ever used), Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 (i miss this one), Nikon 20-35 f/2.8 (felt weird vibes with this one)

Currently own:
Nikon 24-120VR (i have an unusually sharp copy, and love it), Nikon 18-70 f/3.5-4.5(nice lens)Nikon 50mm f/1.4G(flat.out.amazing. [on full frame or film]), Nikon 80-200 f/2.8D (2-ring)

Pretty sure that's about it...

Hopefully soon, I will be getting the new panasonic GF1 as a camera with decent picture quality to use as my go everywhere camera I can be with all the time. The D700 and F100 are just way too big to carry around everywhere all the time, but point and shoot quality just sucks and i could never own one. micro 4/3rds is at least decent.

Experience: 2 and a half years

Cameras Used: Canon EOS Digital Rebel (300D), Digital Rebel XTi, and Nikon D90

Cameras Owned Canon EOS Digital Rebel (300D)

Lenses: Canon EF-S 18-55mm, EF 80-200mm f/4.5, EF 28-105mm f/3.5

Experience: Black and white film photo in High School and College, and Digital for fun/hobby for the last 3-4 years.

Cameras used: Sony DSC-P90, Pentax K100D, Pentax K1000, Cannon EOS Film SLR

Cameras owned: Sony DSC-P90, Pentax K100D

Lenses: Pentax 18-55mm, Pentax 70-300mm, Pentax 55-300mm.

nice site, but: "We specialize in >capturring< large events"

"We can travel >TO< other states as well"

-EDIT-

Just a hobby for me. One of my Niagara Falls photos was accepted into a brochure for it.

Flickr: RGlukhoy's Photostream

I have hundreds of photos taken on and a few days after 9/11, which I will upload soon. I took a few photos of the WTC in 1986 with an ancient Kodak 126 camera.

New guy here!

Experience: Little over a year with my DSLR

Camera: Nikon D40 w/grip
Lenses: Nikkor 18-105 VR, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AIS, and a few various old film lenses.
Tripod: Manfrotto 190xPROB w/ 804RC2
Light: 4x Qray PZ1-DSZ speedlights, 4 cheap light stands, couple small umbrellas, and some ebay triggers. Octabox to come soon...
Other: Wireless remote, Cokin filters, and Lowepro Flipside 300

Flickr: lJake2kl's Photostream

I like shooting portraits, bands, and product but I love shooting landscape.

hello
been a hobbie for about 5 years now mainly landscape and nature but i did one fashion show which was a cool experience (the models were cool)

Canon 400d 50mm f1.8, sigma 70-300 sigma 17-50

Hi everyone!
I'm pretty new to this so i don't have much experience. My first serious camera that i just recently purchased is a finepix S3200. I love nature pics, perspective shots, and aperture photos. I'm hoping to get as much insight as i can from everyone so i can progress to getting a DLSR eventually! :)

Back
Top Bottom