User Account doesnt Show, Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
When I load up windows xp in normal mode, my user account (which is the Admin) account doesnt show up any more. It shows up and is full accessible in Windows XP safe mode. Can someone explain this and how it can be fixed. Thank you

Do you have it set to not show the login screen via the Control Panel>Users>Fast User Switching option?

Do you have it set to not show the login screen via the Control Panel>Users>Fast User Switching option?
That is what i was thinking, in XP you go to the run line and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 and then uncheck the box login automatically (or something like that).

It doesnt automatically log into other accounts. The fast user switching function is disabled. And automatic login is unchecked. What happened was i went to login and am guessing my computer froze up, so i manually hit the rest button. After that, my account is no longer showing up in normal mode ( right now am in safe mode :( ). Any other ideas would greatly help. Thank you.

You need to use a Restore Point or Last Known Good Configuration under the Advanced Boot menu (F8).

System Restore point did not work. But I logged in my account via safe mode again, went under control panal>user accounts>admin account, it says that this account will not be shown when there are other accounts existing other than guest. I just recently created a new account for my bro in law under the admin category. Is there a way I can have both his account and my account show up at the welcome screen?

I got the solution, the account i created for my bro in law was also under the admin user group. so i switched him to power user and presto!!! I get my account back. Seems that in normal mode, you can have only one admin account show up at the login screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom