Time for watercooling? Feedback needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ you also have the q6600 under water also too? what rad?

i was talking about my mcw60 r2 block on my 4890.

but ya, q6600 3.6ghz 1.48v never goes above 52*load. rads are mcr320 + 220 and a GTZ block

btw, those are some nice clocks Drizzt. did you pencil or use vr's? push it moar :D

Thanks for all the great feedback guys, the quick replies are really appreciated as I should make this guy an offer soon. I'm picking up the TJ09 for this project tomorrow :D

Yeah, love the look of it. I have a Lian-Li A10 as well, they are my two favourite cases...now I need to figure out which will house this computer and which will get modded for the future build.

Well, he wouldn't budge a cent below $250 so I think I'm going to pass. If I end up buying brand new would you guys recommend the same products or something else? I'd probably be using the TJ09 so there should be plenty or room for everything inside the case. Also, I'm a stickler for cleanliness inside the case so the less wires and tubing the better.

Yeah, that's just too much for used parts.

Take a look around some other forums for used water cooling bits and see if you can't avoid paying retail.

I would recommend for a cpu/gpu look like yours, DDC 3.2 with some kind of top, Swiftech MCR320, Swiftech GTZ, MCW60 gpu block, with assorted fittings and clamps for a t-line.

Thanks! I'll keep my eyes open this winter and see what comes up as used on the classifieds....I'll post back here if anything looks good, get some more feedback.

Thanks again!

Ok, slowly putting a shopping list together from what the guru mentioned above....again am focused on bang for buck and decent performance, not looking to break any records, just want something to practice on that is still a decent end product. I am anal about keeping my case clean so anything to cut down on tubing etc...is a good idea. Here is what I'm looking at so far:

Pump: MCP355
Rad: swiftech 320
XSPC Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC
GPU block: MCW60-R2 (X2)
CPU block: Danger Den MC-TDX (have it already already)
hoses
fittings
water

So, some questions, what am I missing? I'd like to have a nice neat bridge between the gpus, don't mind paying a bit extra for that sort of thing....recommendations for fittings? I don't really even know where to start.

Also, that reservoir, good reviews with the pump but i was also thinking of getting just the XSPC DDC top and fabricating my own dual bay acrylic reservoir instead....what about that idea? I'd prefer to keep stuff hidden in the bays if possible.

Lastly, am I pushing it as a single loop with cpu and dual cards? It would be running almost 24/7 folding when not in use.

Good pick for the pump and res. You could fab your own bay res, but going with the DDC res top will cut down on tubing.

For fittings... I like these from bitspower: Petra's Tech Shop
The mcw60's will come with these in a couple diff sizes though:
Petra's Tech Shop

As far as the bridge between the GPU's goes, I think you are referring to something like this?
imagec010_thumb.jpg

That can only be done with full cover blocks, if you are going to use the mcw60's you are just going to have to bend the tubing from one block to the other.

The 320 should be able to handle it, but I'm not sure what kind of wattage the 260's put out so I can't say for sure. Check this out, it may help. Triple Radiator Performance Comparison - XtremeSystems Forums

What fans do you plan on using? If you are going to buy some, Yate Loons are pretty good bang/buck. These would be good too:
Newegg.ca - COOLER MASTER R4-S2S-124K-GP 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans

For tubing I would recommend some Tygon 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom