Which is the best operation system Win ME 98 2000 XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

muckmail

Baseband Member
I am thinking about making a dual book computer. One that
would allow me to use old software and update new software.
I am looking for a link that compares features of MS Windows
ME 98 2000 or XP because I plan to put on 2 of the four
windows systems on that computer. One of the four will probably be windows XP because it is the latest and maybe the greatest. Someone told me that XP does not support old parrellel ports for older printers so I don't like that. So is there a link to compare
features of these windows systems. Which two would I
choose feature to get best of both old and new software useage. A combo best for using new and old software.
thank you,

Is this a trick question? WinXP and Win2kPro. Whoever told you that winxp doesnt support parallel ports needs to be slapped in the face with a mackeral. :D

i go along with themajor. xp is new and the best and 98 SE is very informative and has good utilities built in.

it all depends upon what your application needs are for. for simply home use with no networking, winxp is fine. if you are using more than one computer on a network I would go with win2k which is a VERY stabl OS, its mature meaning most of all the bugs have been worked out of it. ME is a definite stay away from.....one of MS worst productions.

i think DOS is pretty stable. u can do lots of stuff with DOS :D

but ofcourse i would go with XP pro, 2k Pro and 98SE

my friend has WIN ME and thinks its soooo good but hes a idiot, it always crashes and he gets spyware all the time, really crappy.

wayne

I could live with any of those but ME, but XP is the best, with 2000 close behind. 98 was the best of the DOS based Windows, and if I had to have a DOS system, 98 would be the one. ME plain sucks and I advise anybody still on it to get to 2000/XP as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom