My $1,054 Gaming Rig Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ddestruction

Baseband Member
Plan on building my on gaming rig, all parts shall be ordered on newegg since that seems to be widely trusted. What you guys think of it?
Case:
Newegg.com - NZXT TEMPEST Crafted Series CS-NT-TEM-B Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Mobo:
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Power Supply:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Processor:
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 140W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Video Card:
Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
RAM:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ - Desktop Memory
Hard Drive:
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Disk Drive:
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X Super Multi DVD Writer - CD / DVD Burners
Mouse:
Newegg.com - Rosewill RM-1600L Black 5 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Laser 1600 dpi Mouse - Mouse

I already have Thermal Paste and a Keyboard. Will be using a 52inch T.V as a monitor :cool:
Am I all set? I will temporarly need to be on a wireless N network till I run ethenet wires through the house, so will my motherboard recieve the signal?

I cannot find that motherboard on newegg and the Asus website isnt leting me order it. Can I get a link to purchase that motherboard please?

that is the link to the mb you chose on the egg. I just posted the link so you could confirm the lan status of it.

Just pick up a usb wireless stick. They can be useful to have.

Is that power supply gonna be enough to run this system? I've heard the videocard wont run at full power with just a 750W.

Is that power supply gonna be enough to run this system? I've heard the videocard wont run at full power with just a 750W.
Huh???

XFX said:
500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended

(500 Watts with 2 6-pin connectors / 550W with one 6-pin and one 8-pin)

600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ technology in dual mode

750W will be more than enough.

Thnx for the info. Slowly getting the parts one by one, should be done by christmas:doh: (money is tight) Putting it together should be a blast, and a headache.

Gotta be honest I went with AMD solely based on reviews and that GHz number. I'd like to see what the opposite brand has to offer since all my past computers have intel parts. How can I tell what processor is faster?

Nice build.
That mouse you picked... I guess it is a mx518 copy made by rosewill.. It looks pretty good for $10!
Hope you enjoy your new beast :)

There was a big list of mouses. I was desperate... I closed my eyes ,pointed randomly, and wond up with that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom