ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
A LOT. because with 1 gb ram, u can preload all the maps gfx in ur ram, so while u are playing, ur cpu doesnt hafta go and get them each time. inprove a lot. and 1 gig of value ram cost less than 200$...

but if ur gona spend 200, go for just 1 stick of 512 xms 2-2-2-5 latency ram (3200XL) itl rip the 1 gig value into shreads

well my cpu fsb is only gunna be 266mhz (athlon xp 2200+), i have a choice - buy 512 and mabye get another 512 when i can afford it, or battle out with 256 and buy i gig later?

if you have an Athlon XP there won't be as much difference if you run PC3200 RAM in dual channel, as the CPU can only transfer data at max 400MHZ although it does make a difference to the video card, AGP8x runs fast enough to take that advantage.
I suggest you get 2 sticks; the difference in performance is not a lot, but it is still a difference, and the cost is very similar too betwen 2x256 and 1x512, or 2x512 and 1x1024
I personally would recommend 2x512 sticks; if you can't afford both now, get one now and get the other one later, but make sure they are the same brand and make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom