Where to get CPU temperature monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dant22185

Baseband Member
Hey guys I was just looking to see if yall know of any well put togehter CPU temperature monitors out there. I downlaoded one but wasnt too impressed with it. Just looking to see if anybody has a prference on something good. Thanks.

I use coretemp, realtemp and everest (trial) and go by the highest temp but they all give pretty much the same temp on my system...

Was too late ^_^

The two programs I used were "Fan Speed" and "SIW" Both had pretty similar results, i was just wondering what some people preferred.

I guess i wanted to look into this more as well because I just got a new heat sink/ fan and wanted to see the differences in temperatures. Mine looks like it idles at 45-55 C and under load it goes up to 60- 68ish. IS that too high for temps under a large cpu load?

The idle is a bit high, and the load is within boundaries. Idle should be around 30s and loads around 50-60.

What CPU are you using anyway?

Processor is an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @2.33ghz. This was my first time replacing the Heat sink / fan. I wonder if I could go back and redo how I applied the thermal paste to get better temperatures. Although I applied Artic Silver 5 just as the artic silver directs to do, a line across the head spreaders, and then to simply bolt down the heat sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom