temperature question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
I hid all my psu wires and all my molex connectors behind my mothboard and it's looking nice. The questions I have concern whether or not those fans that go in a pci slot really work. I was thinking about putting one in under my video card. Would it be worth the money being that they really aren't that powerful (2500 cfm maybe?).

My next question concners making my own rounded hard drive cable. I was thinking about folding the ribbon in half and putting a plastic loom around it...Would it cause any damage to the ribbon by folding it? Thanks.

the pci fans are only average, they don't do anything in the way of extreme cooling, can't hurt really but not the most effective

as for the ribbon cables, no, it won't hurt them to fold them. I made my own rounded cable by carefully slicing between every 4th wire from one end to the other then wrapped uv sensative zip ties around the wires and it is sooooo much neater and cleaner and I'm sure better for the air flow.

I have a PCI fan in my case. It makes a noticable difference. I only have 1 120mm fan in the rear, an air duct over the cpu, and heatsinks on my memory. My average case temp is about 27c and my average cpu temp is about 40c. I'd say that is pretty good for running an athlon 64 which normally runs hot in the first place.

I'm not so sure about the PCI fan. The loops around the IDE cables sounds pretty good though.

PLEASE NOTE THIS THOUGH: Your signiture is way too long, if a mod catches you, you will be in some deep doo doo...

-Dan The Man

My PCI fan worked good for a few weeks until it started making noices and slowed down. So i wouldn't buy ones from mad dog if i were u.

you don't have to cut your wires to make your own round cables or 'flat' cables rather' Just fold it in the middle twice, I was able to make 3 folds and simply put a ziptie around it and it held nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom