I need help. Major computer issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddball7465

Beta member
At first everything will be running fine, then I'll leave to do something and I'll leave my computer on. I'll get back, usually an hour or two, and my screen-saver will be frozen. I'll try everything, but the only way to overcome it is by shutting the computer off by holding the power button. I'll turn my computer on, and the screen will be all blue dots and lines. It'll go through the loading screen like this, but it won't load the start-up. So I'll restart the computer and it prompts me right away that start-up didn't load and it asks if I want to go through recovery. I accept and everything'll be fine for a day or so and it'll do it again.

However, now the fan on my graphic card will speed up and slow down and it'll do this a few times. Then the computer will start, but nothing will appear on the monitor.

It could also be a graphics driver/hardware crashing since the screen freezes and then has weird colors upon reboot. And now you don't get any picture at all upon booting.

Do you by chance have a spare monitor and graphics card to check both to make sure neither is the culprit? Do you have an onboard graphics chip on your motherboard?

Let us know your PC configuration if you can.

Ive got a spare monitor, but no graphic card.

The PC has:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
2GB RAM
Vista 32bit
amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4400+

I cant download anything cause nothing will appear on the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom