What screws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelvvmm

In Runtime
Hi,

I thought my few other post were going to be my last ones but i guess this one is. Im having trouble determining what screws you use to screw in the motherboard. I got a terrible manual from the company who makes my case. Can you guys tell me what the type of screw is called for example:eek:ne screw is named m3*4 screw ( I got that off my case manual). Also what does it look like.

Coarse and fine thread, that's really all you need to know. Most cases it won't matter about what head the screw has (sometimes it will, e.g. certain cases have slide rails for drives, hex heads probably wouldn't work). In any case it doesn't matter for the mobo.

Just take out a stand-off. Try screwing in whatever screws you have atm, find one which is a match. Usually they take a coarse thread.

Computer screws are all the same length. Well ok, there is ONE exception to the rule, but it's pretty obvious if you see it.

P1050704.JPG

The coarse thread one is used for screwing in graphics cards and hdds, the fine thread one is used for screwing in cd drives and (I think) floppy drives.

Depending on the stand-offs (the things you screw in behind the motherboard) you might have to use either of those two types.

Before you install your mobo, just get one of each screw and gently try screwing it into one of the stand-offs. One will work, one won't. Easy stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom