Help Choosing Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KpCollins

Baseband Member
ok, Since these part are slightly expensive im going to be getting one at a time.
Just need to know a few things,

Will this Motherboard
Asus M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe Nforce 780a SLI Socket AM2+ onboard VGA HDMI audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer

As far as I see this Motherboard will work with an AMD 64 X2 Duel Core CPU

Work with my Current Ram
2Gb PC2-6400 DDR2-800 Memory Retail Boxed "Team"
2Gb PC2-6400 DDR2-800 Memory Retail Boxed Team: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

and then when I save the cash with this CPU
AMD Phenom X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz Socket AM3 8MB L3 Cache Retail Box Processor - Ebuyer
and this Fan
Scythe SCZP-2000 ZIPANG 2 Socket 478/775/754/939/940/AM2/AM3/1156/1366 with 140mm Fan Heatpipe Processor Cooler - Ebuyer

My Current Specs of what I think you would need to know are

750Watt PSU, Xblade Case ( Fits all Motherboards I think )

If you need any other information please ask as I really need all the support you can offer.

Thank You

That motherboard would not support the Phenom II X4 965. It will support any Athlon 64 X2 and it may support the earliest Phenom II models, but not the later ones which includes the one you have linked.

is there a specific reason why youd want that mobo?

this would also be a great mobo, and would support the hardware you have and the 965.
ASUS M4A78-E 790GX Socket AM2+ VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer

edit: actually according to this ASUSTeK Computer Inc. that mobo you picked does support the 965 also, just need to update the bios.

Hmm, Ideally im looking for one that will support that chip and run 2 or 3 sli Nvidia GTX 275 GFX cards. But the main priority at the moment is that it will support my Ram, I can always shop for a different chip.

Im guessing this Chip

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3GHz Socket AM2+ 6MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor - Ebuyer

Main things i need to know if you can help me please is..

Will my 1st choice of Motherboard ( Asus M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe Nforce 780a SLI Socket AM2+ onboard VGA HDMI audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer ) run my Current chip
Amd Athlon 62 X2 ( Dunno how to find what Socket ) and will it run my Current ram.
2Gb PC2-6400 DDR2-800 Memory Retail Boxed "Team"

Then will it run the CPU above in this post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom