laptop suddenyl has no wireless adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
My sisters laptop's wireless card has suddenly disappeared. No wireless networks are detected and the little wireless indicator light is completely off. I have tried switching the switch both ways but nothing happens. The wireless card doesn't show up in the device manager either just the ethernet card shows up.
It's a toshiba satelite but I do not know the exact model. I know it is out of warranty since it was bought last February
The specs of the laptop are

PDC 2330 1.6GHZ
!GB ram
160GB HDD

I don't know what model of wireless card it has either since it doesn't show up on the computer.

She pretty much treats this laptop like a desktop leaving it on 24/7 but is to stubborn to listen when I say they aren't meant to be left on all the time.

Edit: found the name of the wireless adapter its Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter if that helps

Sounds like your wireless adapter died. If it isn't showing up in device manager (and you've scanned for new hardware) then the device has died. You'll probably have to buy a PCI-E card to use at this point. Some wireless cards are detachable off the MB, but it would require you taking the entire laptop apart. Even then you'll have to purchase a new adapter which will cost the same if not more than a wireless card that you plug into the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom