9800 GT Fan problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use one of these:
Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2 with a 120mm fan zip-tied on to it. ;)

100% speed 100% of the time, and it is flat-out quiet. Of course, it takes up quite a bit of room...

picture.php

picture.php

I don't use any other cards in my rig, so I am good with it.

Hey all, got a reply to install vtune 7.5... i did that and like always the problem wasnt sorted. Im asking them now to see if they will admit it to be a bois problem. Ive also asked them if thats the case weather it can go back as damaged goods. Now my next question is what sorta card should i be looking for in around the same price range that does the following : Good gfx's low temps and a fan i can control. Thanks again everyone!

Honestly, the 9800 is a great card. So if its just replaced then youre good. Technically, your gpu shouldn't be as high as you have seen it.

My 8800gt ran cooler, and the 8800s were known to be hotter than the 9series.

However if youre getting cash.. ati cards are better bang for buck, but i don't know the cards well.

Does anyone stick with the standard Thermal past that comes on the GPU? I've always removed the fan,heatsink & carefully wiped away the original past & put some higher performing past in & the cards ive done this with have always been below other peoples thermal temp's.

Your card isn't overheating, so it really isn't a problem. Trying to fix it will probably only make it worse.

My EVGA 9800GT's fan stays at the correct speed though, maybe your brand is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom