TV Tuner and Cable box

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I read over my post from last night and i hope you don't think I was being grumpy, Its my first week of night shift and that was 3:00am. The IR receiver's are USB the IR blaster plugs into the receiver. What ATI TV Wonder do you have? A lot of them came with IR blasters,,,well depending on age.

OK, I found the Remote and it had the USB IR.. I set it up and tried to set up media center using the remote to d it and it still says "Can't Find IR Hardware" wtf? Is there a second IR that plugs in the HD Cable box? I see a USB (in) connector on the front

Lol, I have tried to be as clear as possible. You need an IR Blaster to change the channel on a set top box. A remote and an IR receiver will not change the channel on the set top box, this set up will only change the channel threw coaxial. MCE is smart enough to know that you don't have an IR blaster plugged in so it can't finish the set up wizard.

Edit: and Oh this is the first time you mentioned your Set top Box is HD. You will not be able to receive HD threw s video.

If you have MCE questions you really should check out The Green Button. It is the best MCE community out there IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom