Hard Drive Testing Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
My laptops been through a world of fun for a long time. About 3 months ago I dropped my laptop and broke the screen. Along with the screen every 20 minutes or so my compter would shut off. I sent it into HP under warranty. They sent it back with a new motherboard and screen. The hard drive is aftermarket so it wasn't warrantied. They wipped the hard drive, but it still resets on me. I ended up sending it back to HP because they gave me a horrible low resolution screen. It took them about 2 months to get clearance to give me my origional screen resolution and take off the junky one.

So here I am back at the beginning. I beleive it reset on me once a few hours ago, but I'm not sure. It hasn't in the last hour or so. I'm looking for some kind of software to push my hard drive to it's limit to recreate the issue. If I need to I'll stick in the new hard drive I bought. If I can't I'll save a $100 and send the new one back. If you know of any software to help me with this please let me know!

Thanks

SeaGate's SeaTools, Western Digital's tool, HDTune, a normal chkdsk /r on the drive, or even SpinRite (not free, but a very good tool).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom