i7 920 to be discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, hopefully the MC in Houston still has some in stock when I go to return mine for an exchange :(

So people that don't want to spend $1000 on the 950 or 975 will be stuck getting an i5 that can't use ddr3 and doesn't have hyper-threading?

Or did I miss a lot of info about the i5's?

Aww, that defeats the purpose of even having triple channel then (I don't have it, just wanted to know for future reference and new hardware). :(

Thanks for the info though :).

So people that don't want to spend $1000 on the 950 or 975 will be stuck getting an i5 that can't use ddr3 and doesn't have hyper-threading?

Or did I miss a lot of info about the i5's?

You can still get i7 8xx that uses hyperthreading. But you dont get tripple channel and you get a socket that wont be used in the future.

i still do not understand the hatred for lga 1156. i mean the i7 860 performs exactly like the i7 920. the only real difference is that instead of triple channel DDR3 it has dual channel DDR3 and it has less PCI-E lanes, and the PCI-E controller is now on the CPU it self instead of on the NB like LGA 1366.

pretty much the performance of a i7 920 but the LGA 1156 have alot cheaper mobos and alot cheaper ram.

You can still get i7 8xx that uses hyperthreading. But you dont get tripple channel and you get a socket that wont be used in the future.

o rly? like LGA 1366 is going to last forever too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom