Wierd BSOD issue @ Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Basically my problem is for whatever reason – at random – when I boot my PC, occasionally I will get a BSOD at startup (before Windows starts to load). If it happens once, it will normally do it a few times consecutively before it starts up like normal.

What's weird is other times I start my PC, it starts right up. Another thing is once the computer gets to Windows, it runs perfectly fine. No freezes, stutters, etc. It only happens at startup. This started happening around the time I first over clocked my CPU – specifically when I started playing with the voltages. I haven't really pursued trying to fix it; I normally just restart it a few times until it gets to Windows, then Im good to go. You guys know what might be causing this?

Thanks

Are you sure it's stable? That usually indicates an unstable OC. Run IntelBurnTest 15-20x to test it to see if it's full stable. Also can you read the error code on the BSOD?

If the problem started happening right after you overclocked, most likely it is not running stable. You might want to try and put everything back to stock settings and see if the problem continues.

Ok, well I've gone a couple of days now without getting the error. But it popped up again this morning. Here is a pic I took of the actual error itself. Thanks:

bsod1.jpg

If the problem started happening right after you overclocked, most likely it is not running stable. You might want to try and put everything back to stock settings and see if the problem continues.

Sure enough, I saved my OC profile and went back to Default BIOS settings, and I have NOT had an issue since. However my PC is considerably slower at stock speeds, lol.

So how should I OC my CPU and avoid these BSOD issues?

Thanks,
Joe

Well i would start by reading some of the stuff we have in the OC Forum Sticky Index.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/overclocking-section-sticky-index-191382/

But if memory serves me right, step it up slowly. Make sure that it is stable and no problems occur. When you get to the point that it is unstable and causing you BSoD's step it down to the last stable OC and you should be good to go.

closed-1.gif

Since you started a new topic i have closed this one. Please do not start multiple topics for the same issue. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom