Need help quick....

Status
Not open for further replies.

X2Xtreme360

In Runtime
I just built a PC about 1.5 months ago. Works flawlessly. I just went to start the PC and I get error code 0x0000006b at startup. I try to repair the install and it just continuously scans for issues. I can load safe mode though... so I'm pretty sure this isn't hardware related. Going back to a restore point does nothing for this issue. I'm running Windows 7 RC on the machine and I have 4 gigs of RAM. I'm scanning the PC right now in safe mode but does anyone have any clue why it could be doing this? It worked fine last night before I powered down...

This might help:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/decoding-stop-errors-193078/

I found this as well:
This could also have been caused by a Windows Update (probably a driver update)
Uninstall any latest updates or drivers from safe mode if possible and reinstall

Might try running chkdsk /r
or right click C: in safe mode and run check disk from there, reboot, let it finish
Source

If this occurs again, make sure that any new hardware or software is properly installed. On a new installation, check the vendor for updates.

You should disable any new hardware or software to see if these are the source of the problem.

NOTE: You may have to press F8 to start in Safe mode.

Disable any BIOS memory options like caching or shadowing.
Source

OK so I attempted to read the .dmp file but I kept getting an error saying my symbol set was wrong... even though I got the symbols for my OS. I reinstalled the OS and I'm back up and running. This is on my topic, but let me know if it needs to be a new thread or not. I backup my data partition regularly (my docs, program files, games, etc) but every time I need to reinstall the OS, I have to reinstall the program files and games because they are not in the registry on a clean install... if I save an image of my hard drive instead of simply saving individual files, would this fix the issue? Basically I have a 19Gig partition for my OS and the rest is for all of my data. I just want to be able to reinstall the OS with everything working if I ever have another problem like this in the future. Can anyone recommend a good and stable free backup utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom